Sunday, January 20, 2013

Obedience...

You know this is a loaded word. I mean, for kids it's a cuss word, for adults is a grudge word. For Christians it is supposed to be a way of life. I try, I really do. 

Yesterday ended a period of time of obedience for me. Until yesterday I had been separated from my wife and daughters for over a year. Now this was not a "we're having problems with our marriage" separation or I'm "an abusive father" separation; it was one of obedience.

Over two years ago, the King called for us to come to the Knoxville area. We didn't know what this entailed, but we wanted to stay in line with His direction. We made plans, and of course those plans didn't work out. So we 'flowed' with what He did in our lives. And part of that was living in two separate states.

I know a lot of my non-believing friends think we're crazy for doing something like this, but hey, you don't believe; you'll never understand. I know a lot of my believing friends thing we were crazy. Well, I don't know what to tell you people.

I believe 100% that this will come out as a HUGE positive in our lives (my wife, my children and myself).

As far as obedience... Imagine this... You're driving on a road and it is curvy. You see one of those pretty white signs with black lettering that tell you that the law says the speed on that road is 45 miles per hour. Well at that moment you have a choice: do you follow that law (in obedience) or do you ignore it and go on??? You see the King gives us a similar choice. And we are free to decide what choice we're going to make. You see... Moses put it the best way...

Deuteronomy 30 [The Message (MSG) translation]
15 Look at what I’ve done for you today: I’ve placed in front of you
    Life and Good
    Death and Evil.
19-20 I call Heaven and Earth to witness against you today: I place before you Life and Death, Blessing and Curse. Choose life so that you and your children will live. And love God, your God, listening obediently to Him, firmly embracing Him. Oh yes, He is life itself, a long life settled on the soil that God, your God, promised to give your ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
 (Please note, the 'omitted' verses still play a major factor in this point I'm making. They were 'omitted' not to re-enforce or 'prove' a point, but for shear convenience. They in no way nullify the point being made here either by Moses or myself. Please read for yourself in any translation. Thank you.) 

Have a great day friends. I know I will because I now see SOME of the fruits of my obedience. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment