Sunday, January 6, 2013

A few weeks ago I made this post on Facebook:
     "You know I haven't posted much lately. Especially stuff that is controversial and thought provoking. However something this morning hit me... In the Bible; one of the many times that Jesus was teaching to the people He said that all of the commandments in the Bible can be summed up in two... #1 Love God with all you heart, mind and soul and #2 Love you're neighbor as you love yourself. Now mind you I know a lot of people don't believe in God (and that is fine for them, though I think their missing out on something great), however why can't everyone get the second commandment right? I mean we're all 100% proficient at loving ourselves (especially in the U.S.A.), can't we just learn from that self-love? If we were to get this right, I think it would eliminate what I would estimate to be about 85% of all of the problems that we face in the world. I know, I know some of you will say to me, "well practice what you preach." And that would be true; and trust me, God's been on me for that A LOT lately, so I'm learning. So in my final thought in this post; love someone today. Or better yet, treat them like you want them to treat you. I think you'll be shocked by the reaction. :D PEACE!!!"

I had a 'friend' of mine, who I know is an atheist, post the response, "We are human...thats why #2 isn't going to work..."

I responded to his post with, "AH! But is that an excuse to not try...???" And I did not receive a response to that question.

I mean... Just because I started off my post with a reference to the Bible & God, the rest of the post is not going to work? Reason why I ask that is because later, that same 'friend' posted a meme that basically said that we all need to respect each other. So... For the (almost) exact same thought to be provoking, I can not use God before it? I mean I understand that people don't believe in God. I accept that completely (but as I stated in the post, their missing out on something great).

Personally... (Hey it's my blog, I can be personal) I think it is hypocritical to not accept a thought because of how it was presented, then re-state the same thought and then accept it. Our nation is in a sad state; and our race (and I mean HUMAN race, regardless of color) is in a dire need of help. And if it (our race) wont accept it from God, then blast it accept if from each other. Forget about the package, accept the contents.

No comments:

Post a Comment