Sunday, September 22, 2013

Some will be scratching their heads, a few will smile and understand...

As some of you know me very well, you know that I have passions in my life. First is my Maker King and His Son, then comes my family (wife and daughters) and lastly is the joy I receive from anything Star Wars. Yeah I know, but it's true; Star Wars. I have enjoyed this aspect of entertainment since my small boyhood (1977 to be exact, sound familiar?). And in 2010, the King allowed me to join an organization that I'd known about for a long time. A world-wide group of people that use the fantasy-world of Star Wars for the betterment of others through charity and service. This group is called The 501st Legion.

Described basically, they are a group of people, with movie-authentic costumes, that use those costumes to help fund raise for charities and serve for various reasons in their communities. And as a 2+ year veteran, it was AWESOME!!! Now when I joined this group, I always said that there was one thing that would cause me to leave; just one. My King. If He called me out, I would walk away and leave it behind. Well... He did something similar to that about two weeks ago...

Who am I kidding, He's been bidding me to do that for weeks now and I finally yielded and was obedient to His wishes two weeks ago. Now a lot of people who know have seen this as a negative thing. PLEASE! DON'T JOIN THEM!!! I don't, not at all. I've had no reservations about doing this at all. Granted I'll miss some of the very things that I loved doing in the Legion, but I have no hard or ill feelings toward the King for asking me to do this.

You see in Romans it says, "Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?" (6:16 ESV)

I know I type these words about my allegiance with the King and His Son but now I have a wordless testimony towards it. When I'm asked why I did what I did, my easy answer is, "God called me to do it." And I can say that with a boldness and confidence. Not in boasting of my actions, but in the fact that I've been obedient to Him. I've fulfilled His desire for my life, in this one moment, with 100% assurance. Even if it is a brief moment in my life, I can say for at least this moment I have done what my King has told me to do.

So you see, what most see as negative, I see as a great positive. Now I can't wait to see what the Maker King has in His robe sleeve for me in my obedience of Him. He is a loving King & Father; I know this to be 100% true. I hope that one day, if you don't already, you will know it to be true, too. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment