Sunday, August 11, 2013

Narrow minded...

I'm slowly learning to wear this title with a little pride and not pride in myself, but in Whom-I-believe that I receive the title...

You see as a believer of the Maker King, and doing my best to live in His Courts, many in the world have pointed their "righteous" fingers and labeled me "narrow-minded." However now I accept it gladly. If I'm narrow-minded, then so be it. Ok let's look at this from the point of views of those who bestow the title...

Merriam-Websters defines narrow-minded as...
lacking in tolerance or breadth of vision : petty

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/narrow-minded

And just so I'm thorough, petty is defined as...

1: having secondary rank or importance : minor, subordinate
2: having little or no importance or significance
3: marked by or reflective of narrow interests and sympathies

OK... Well yeah, I am narrow-minded. Because I have 100% confidence in the Maker King. I have 100% confidence in the fact that He is who He says He is. I am 100% confident that He will come again, and the only way to heaven is through Him. Is it arrogant of me to say these things? NOPE! It is not arrogance that I have, it is confidence. So of course I'm narrow-minded. 

I have seen many, MANY things in the world that would try and make me think otherwise AND IT HASN'T WORKED! I'm narrow-minded!!!

Now does that mean I'm better than anyone else? NOPE (that would be arrogance). Does it mean that I'm more special than anyone else? NOPE (again that would be arrogance). Does this mean that I am hopelessly losing myself to a ridiculous myth that is propagated through history by men who wish to control the minds of countless lackeys??? NOPE (that would be just plain stupid). 

You see (and trust me, I know this is subjective, but fortunately my King only says that I have to speak [type] this, I don't have to convince you of anything)... 
Jesus of Nazareth; the same Jesus that was brought before the Roman Governor Pilot by the Jewish leaders of His day, who was then crucified (as confirmed multiple times by history), who then rose from the dead (as testified by numerous witnesses) is the Son of the Maker King, and as His Son, has been given all authority in all of the known & unknown Universe. The Prince of Creation wasn't just killed, He gave His life as a ransom (or even better, liberation money) to pay the debt of sin. Then through His rising from death, gave the 100% seal-of-certification that we as mere humans can be insured that we can have a place in the courts of the Maker King, for eternity by placing our faith in Him. 
 
I believe all of those words above with all my heart, mind and soul that I can muster. As Jesus himself said...
"Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few." Matthew 7:13-14 ESV
 
I am doing everything I can to stay inside of that narrow gate. I can not even imagine going back to the wide gate, because I know that it ends in nothing but death and separation from the Maker King. 
 
So please all you worldly-wise, keepers of the worldly morality, continue to call me narrow-minded; I celebrate it. I claim it as a badge of confirmation that my walk in the courts is remaining narrow and focused on the King on His throne. So is my confidence arrogance? I don't think so, but I will tell you this...  
 
"For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. But the righteousness based on faith says, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down)“or ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:5-13 ESV
 
PEACE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment